Thursday, 1 March 2018
It is perfectly ok to eat any food you want in Uganda ,Ugandan food is the arguably the best in not only Africa but the whole world, It is only in Uganda that you will find a variety of real food not junk but food up to 50 dishes that can be made from the pearl of Africa. Given the vast variety of cultures Uganda provides a variety of not only dressing, manners, language and skin color but also dishes are in plenty.
Nearly every tribe or region has a delicacy or specialty. They include yummy banana dishes, stews, pastes and juicy fruits and drinks. The most delicacy is plantain or the bananas (matooke) this is the most expensive and widely liked food across Africa it is planted in large numbers and preserved to the best. Matooke is mostly liked by the big tribe the Baganda, they take time in preparing it from peeling to tying in plantain leaves and steaming it for hours this keeps all the flavors intact. When ready and tender, the matooke is smashed into a soft and golden yellow mash. In Buganda, the food production process revolves around the banana plants. It is served with all stews that can be made however this delicacy is best served with chicken or beef however most Ugandans being middle and low income earners do not take this stew every day, this is served with groundnut paste mixed with gold fish or fish , beans or vegetables.
Leaving alone the delicacy in matooke Uganda has got much more food than the rainbow its self , matooke, cassava, posho (corn bread), sweet potatoes, yams, irish potatoes, Wild yam(balugu),millet(karo),sorghum not forgetting the famous rolex these dished are served with fish, green vegitables, beans, ground nuts, beef, chicken, peas, ghee(eshabwe), mushrooms, gold fish(mukeene, enkejje)Ugandans have a chance to enjoy different varieties of fish as a supplement of Uganda food varieties.
In western Uganda among the Banyankole , Bakiga and Batooro and most of the north and east like Acholi , Alur, Langi , millet bread is the favored dish it is sometimes mixed with cassava and then mingled or taking cassava bread or millet brad alone. The best relish to go with it would be smoked meat, chicken or fish for the north most people in the western Uganda do not eat fish with a theory that it can be seeing them in the plate. In western Uganda, equally tasty sauces are scraped out of cow butter and salt to make eshabwe which is best served with millet. This is the most cherished stew in western Uganda.
Surprisingly the Bahima of western Uganda are not a particularly meat-eating tribe like the Karimojong of the northeast - who enjoy it by the chunk - although they keep cows in their thousands. Instead, they prefer a diet of milk, beans, matooke and some millet bread
In the north, smoked beef is skillfully seasoned with a rich sauce of milled sim-sim (sesame) paste and dark green bitter vegetables. In the eastern region, the people of Teso add a light sauce of tamarind fruit which is plenty in those dry areas. A variety of edible sorghum is often used by some tribes in the east and northeast where the climate makes it impossible to afford the luxury of growing millet.
All these foods can be made as main dishes, starters, dissert, snacks and stew, fast foods and juice at the same time, while in Uganda do not forget to try out all the delicacies at eat one, however take caution this food is so nice that it will roué you into eating a lot and you forget about a your health, please be mind full of what you eat like the vegans and allergies most foods have gluten while on a guided tripin Uganda ask your driver for more information about the food to avoid sickness.
Tuesday, 13 February 2018
self drive in Uganda.
- Call before booking online. Making travel arrangements through the Internet may be convenient, but it doesn't always guarantee you the best deal. Calling the agent you’re a going to use and talking one on one may be an added advantage for much more discounts, they will think you’re a serious client who really needs to use their services thus discounts and money saving on your side. Ask to speak to a tour consultant in charge the reception may not be able to cut you this deal but the in charge should be able to give you the best deals.This strategy can work with airline tickets, hotel reservations, and car rental and activity bookings. Usually all the things are available if you dig deep into it even if they say they do not availability on line, A call may be another expense but it saves you a lot more than 10 buks for a call. A Call for a booking is a secret deal for your travel.
- Go against your traveler type. Another way to save on hotel stays and car rental is to choose properties that are less crowded and thus have an incentive to discount their rooms. Choose hotel that are much crowded in the weekends for weekdays and vice versa. Here you will get good deals , however there are places with not much options because they are the only ones in those places like game parks , in this case use your tour agents to book for you as they get discounts, offer to rent a car from them so that they pass on the discounts for the lodges. They're always looking for clients so they'll offer really good deals. In cases of a car rental move out of your comfort zone and choose something cheaper like the Toyota rav4 instead of a Toyota land cruiser, they all offer the same confront just that the cruiser is big. Traveling during off-season is another way to capitalize on lower hotel and car rental prices thanks to supply and demand.
- Ask about re positioning flights or cruises.Airlines use re positioning flights to move aircraft from one airport to another, and the same applies to cruise lines, which typically re position ships twice a year. These flights or cruises tend to be cheaper but provide services similar to traditional offerings,
- Follow the disaster. Most tourists think that traveling to places where there was some disaster is risky, yes this may be risky depending on the type of disaster that happened there, however this may be the best place for you to travel cheaply because of the disaster they had they want to move back on track thus offering cheap facilities as good as at the original price. Government subsidized the trips to encourage tourism for example for years gorilla permits in Uganda were at 450 dollars in the low season if someone used this opportunity this would reduce your coast of permits by 150 dollars. People take Africa to be much more back ward and violent precisely Uganda where a lot has been said about it given to our history however this is not true and we have a lot to offer you cheaply.
- Consider alternate airports.Instead of defaulting to the closest – or biggest – airport, consider others nearby. Flying to different destinations straight may be expensive but if you go through other it may e cheaper given the fact that you will have stop over’s in different countries.
Friday, 2 February 2018
Self Drive in uganda tours are the perfect way to see visit the highlights of uganda at your own pace in a limited amount of time. Fly from each major destination to Entebbe, then tour their local sightseeing attractions by driving a rental car.
Some Ugandan destinations that are perfect for local road trips are along the famous Road in uganda.
Driving lawsUgandan drive on the left hand side of the road. The maximum speed limit in cities and towns is from 30 km/h (32mph) and 80-100 km/h (62mph) on country roads and highways, unless signs indicate otherwise. Speed limits are strictly enforced. Strict drink-driving laws apply and it is compulsory for drivers and passengers to wear seat belts at all times.
Driving licensesA vigilant tourist may drive in uganda on a valid drivers license for the same class of vehicle. Licenses must be carried when driving, in addition to a valid passport. If the drivers license is not in the English language, the visitor must carry a translation with the permit. An International Drivers Permit is not sufficient by itself and must be accompanied by a valid drivers permit and a passport.
Tourism policeThe Uganda tourism Authority is affiliated with motoring organizations in most countries of the world. This entitles visitors to roadside emergency breakdown service, travel guides, route maps, information books and touring information. For information and assistance contact the uganda tourism police or the police directly in case of anything the police may be near you and of help as first as possible.
Petrol (gas)Petrol in uganda comes in leaded and unleaded grades and is sold by the a liter. Petrol costs between $1 - 2 per liter. LPG gas and diesel is also available. Petrol stations are very many and can be found in most of the major cities and they work 24/7. Most will not accept major international credit cards will prefer uganda shilling and some may take dollars though this is the smallest number.
Tuesday, 23 January 2018
A lot of tourists who visit Uganda usually desire to visit at least one of the numerous game parks in the country, mostly to get a glimpse of Africa's big five. The African big five are the lion, buffalo, white rhino, elephant and leopard. Although most people fear they will miss seeing the animals while they drive, the thrill of driving one’s self in a game park teeming with wildlife is unparalleled. Uganda is one of the countries you can freely rent a car to drive yourself within and around the country wwhich includes inside the game parks with abundant wildlife. Game parks and wild life reserves however, are not conventional places to self drive through and hence demand caution and special protocol to be followed, especially if you are to see and observe the wildlife. Below are some tips and pointers you will find helpful when self driving through wildlife.
Time of the-day
Different animals are active at different times of the day so it is useful to know what animals you want to see and what time they are most active. Some animals like lions hunt in the night time so it is advisable to wake up at dawn if you're to catch sight of them finalizing their hunt. Night time game drives are recommended because animals such as hippos, leopards are active then. Afternoon game drives provide incredible opportunity to see and photograph animals such as elephants and giraffes.
Drive slow and be-alert
If you are on holiday and casually on safari in Uganda, drive slow to get the most out of your time in the park. Not only will the animals be less intimidated to run away if you drive slow, but also your chances of spotting wildlife is increased. As much as you are driving slow, you should also stay alert to increase your chances of seeing any movements because the wildlife in the park has evolved to camouflage in its habitat making it harder to spot them.
Carry a decent pair of binoculars
Savanna grass with scattered trees is the most dominant vegetation covering the panoramic plains of Uganda's game parks and reserves. The topography and open space in the game parks accommodates and favors the use of binoculars to comfortably see wildlife which is far away without having to drive further and aimlessly. The most suitable binoculars for seeing game in the parks are 7×35, 8×32 and10×42.
Switch off your lights and engine
If you happen to see an animal or a herd and do manage to get closer without startling it, switch off your engine and radio. Mechanical sounds for example engine revs and radi
tend to attract the animals attention if not scare them. Scared animals usually feel threatened and can attack you to defend themselves so its advisable to switch off your engine while you’re at a sighting and preferably use your binoculars instead of driving closer to the animals. Nocturnal animals are adapted to see excellently at night time and flashing lights at them can be distracting and scare them away.
Try the watering hole
In case you have had a not-so-successful self drive through the park, you can always go to the watering hole and wait for the animals there. In the dry season, most of the animals share water sources and it is at this location that you not only see the animals but also get to witness how the different species in the parks relate to each other. The watering hole also provides opportunity for some excellent photography.
It is barely possible to exhaustively enjoy all that Ugandan national game parks have to offer within a day of self driving. One way you can even be more thrilled is if you set up a bush camp with a bonfire. As much as you can camp in the game park, you have to use your own camping gear. Nevertheless, if you did not carry camping gear you could simply rent a car with fantastic camping gear to use while on your safari. This way, you can sit around a bonfire with friends or family listening to the sounds of nature while enjoying the ambiance of the game park. Once you've made the choice to camp in the game park, be advised to carry enough food and drinks although you shouldn't leave any leftovers outside your camp as they could attract scavenger animals.